Thursday, February 5, 2009

Week 5 - Assignment

Voice In Writing Through Poetry



What is the content you'll be using in your lesson?
I will be using the Utah Standard Curriculum - Language Arts - Third Grade
Standard 8: Students write daily to communicate effectively for a variety of purposes and audiences.
Objective 2: Compose and write a draft.
b. Use voice to fit the purpose and audience

What is the pedagogy you'll be using and why is it a good fit for the content?
The pedagogical techniques that I will employ in the classroom will promote student involvement and will increase interaction between the students and the teacher. It is my believe that this leads to better learning.
I will start by having students participate in an activity. This will help to "break the ice" and quickly assess the enthusiasm of the students for writing.
I will ask many open-ended questions to bring out diverse viewpoints.
I will show them my work in the computer.
I will give them a task to write a poetry using their own voice. This will be done using active and collaborative learning. I will divide the class in groups of 2-3. By doing group activities the students will practice collaborating with peers - a critical skill in writing; they will also help each other to construct new knowledge.

What is the technology you'll be using and why is it good fit with the content and pedagogy?
The technology that I will be using is STORYBOARD with audio and music. By doing this the students will hear the author of the poem recite, sung and shout his own work, thus showing the students that his voice in his writing fits the purpose and the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment